Re: [OM] First shot with a Horizon 202 panoramic camera

Subject: Re: [OM] First shot with a Horizon 202 panoramic camera
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 14:02:49 -0500
I was quite surprised by the "distortion" evident in the photo. I'm not sure why it is except that I suspect it's caused by the varying magnification as the distance to the subject varies. I think this camera exposes a slit as it sweeps across the image. This sample doesn't show that marked degree of distortion, (my guess) is probably because the subject is further away. <http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Craigie_House%2C_Ayr%2C_Horizon_202_camera._Paul_Russell%2C_2006.jpg>

Chuck Norcutt