Re: [OM] OT: Are mobile apps evil?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Are mobile apps evil?
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:03:02 +0000
Farcebook is evil, that¹s fact.  Amazon = somewhat evil (or at least run
by a despot).

I¹d suggest just stop using FB as a start.  For amazon, I just generate a
new email address whenever I want to order something from there. I use it
to sign up for a free month of Prime membership, order whatever I
want/need, then usually don¹t use that email address again. The free prime
keeps me coming back, hard to beat that deal, and easy to exploit it with
the different email addresses every time. I lose the history of orders but
that¹s not a big deal, and could recover them if really needed.

Stuff like adblock plus, ghostery, noscript and other solutions are
recommended also. Some work in iOS.  iCab Mobile browser for iOS allows
adblocking at a pretty granular level, which is the reason it¹s my main
iOS browser. It can even import block lists from Adblock Plus

-Ed