Re: [OM] [OT] Advice on clear lacquer and alcohol

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Advice on clear lacquer and alcohol
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:51:45 -0800
Then I happened to wonder whether rubbing alcohol might dissolve the lacquer.

Anyone know?  If yes, do you have an alternative cleaner to recommend?
What do you call "lacquer"? ... In doubt, and if I were you, I'd use a clean
microfiber cloth and wait.
Good advice from Phillipe. Don't use anything from the cleaning/solvent products shelves at the store!

People are always asking me what to use on their new cabinets (which have a pretty durable finish BTW) I tell them to start with a damp cloth and then dry with a clean cloth. Add a bit of detergent if necessary. Rarely do you need to go nastier.

Mike