Re: [OM] One advantage of visiting a proper city when you live in a back

Subject: Re: [OM] One advantage of visiting a proper city when you live in a backwater...
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:03:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>…is that you can walk into Foto Guy on Rue de Flandre and come away with a
>developing tank, a
>bottle of fixer, some pouches of powder developer, and several rolls of film.
>Online shopping is
>all well and good but sometimes it is nice to do it in person—and support a
>deserving small
>business in the process.

     I'll be doing something similar today, driving down to Tucson and then
sitting on a concrete floor for 4-5 hours going through countless baskets, etc.
of used bicycle parts.  It's a very worthwhile treasure hunt, often coming away
with a number of items that I might not find otherwise.

     I'll be back long before the rain starts.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson