[OM] The Polaroid Sociomatic

Subject: [OM] The Polaroid Sociomatic
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 17:34:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     No, I'm not making this up.  There was a short blurb on a local social
commentary programme just now that made mention of a new camera from Polaroid,
the "Sociomatic" (Socialmatic?).  It's a thin camera that includes a small
printer and a wireless adapter.  The printer produces printed copies of photos
around the size of a business card, and the wireless adapter lets you upload
and download photos from social media.

     I won't have a wifi connection until tomorrow morning, so I cannot examine
the details.  The blurb mentioned that it is already available from Amazon.
Perhaps someone here can find out more about this.  If it's for real, it may be
just the thing to exhume Polaroid from the grave.

     But, it's unfortunate that the name sounds very similar to sociopathic.
The comedians are going to have fun with this.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson