Re: [OM] will a TV do this?

Subject: Re: [OM] will a TV do this?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 12:39:27 -0500
I suppose this is all fine if you know there is a "printers app". Perhaps I didn't know because I had already rejected Ubuntu for some other reason... despite having used Ubuntu experimentally a year earlier. I did do some research on printer drivers and did encounter something the was supposedly able to install drivers for rather generic laser printers (as I recall). Anyhow it didn't work for me. Talking to a Windows network to get to the printer seemed to be a real stumbling block.

Since that time my old Brother printer failed and I bought a new one which is network attachable. Installing that might be much easier or (perhaps) a totally new challenge I don't need. Anyhow I'm very happy with my chosen solution which is to keep the Windows financial machine totally off the broader "wild west" network. I get a familiar screen, keyboard and mouse and it can print to anything I own with no drama.

Chuck Norcutt