Re: [OM] OT: Smotthies, Champagne bubbles and bouquet - Chris

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Smotthies, Champagne bubbles and bouquet - Chris
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 21:58:53 +0100
It is Champagne made from Pinot Noir exclusively Chris. The juice is extracted immediately and the skins won't affect the colour.

Most champagnes are called 'assemblages' i.e. a mix of several varieties usually over several years. But if you're lucky as we were, you may find pure Chardonnay (Blancs de Blancs) or Meunier, or Pinot noir, which are the bases of the mixtures. And you also find Champagne with a vintage year (dearer too).

More from the horse's mouth
http://www.champagne.fr/en/from-vine-to-wine/grape-varieties-vineyards/grape-varieties

Amities
Philippe