Re: [OM] Risking the Wrath

Subject: Re: [OM] Risking the Wrath
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:25:37 -0800
On 11/28/2014 10:21 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I know I'm risking the wrath of at least a dozen list members, and I
suspect that there will probably be an "intervention" planned, but
here goes:

An Iowa Sunset. Two-image stitch from the Panasonic DMC-L1 with Leica
14-50 lens.

My test for images is to imagine them hanging in at least largish size on my wall - and how they would wear visually over time.

The dock doesn't feel like it would age well. Especially as I have a very subtle and satisfying BobW image of dock and water reflecting clouds on our living room wall. I really enjoy the way the colors change subtly as the light in the room changes.

I think the nuked version of yours would just sit there.

The earlier sunset shot is pretty good, but I don't think I would enjoy it long. The fuzzy clouds upper right, while probably accurate, bother my eyes a bit, as they sometimes do when I capture similar ones. And the way the bright horizon line creeps up into and over some trees convinces me it is in part a processing halo, which make me a bit crazy.

I quite like the upper portion of this one. Possibly overcooked, but it looks like such vistas feel, in person, and that works for me. The foreground, though, is so light and cooked that it draws my attention, which I don't want/like. I'd prefer that it be more demure, quietly supporting sky/clouds. Very seldom do two "Look at me!" things work. I could see a field in late late like that possibly being attractive on its own.

All tonal hi-jinks performed in Lightroom.

I think you may well be on the right track for commercial sales, cooked just
short of madness. :-)

Haven't quite cracked the Moose market yet. ;-) This one, overcooked in a wildly different way, and feeling more subtle large and in person, has me tempted. <http://rickgustafson.com/-/rickgustafson/gallery.asp?LID=&cat=186898&pID=1&row=5&photoID=13964544&searchTerm=>

Creatively Selective Moose