[OM] IMGs: 1968 Motobecane Mirage

Subject: [OM] IMGs: 1968 Motobecane Mirage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:01:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I've posted a few photos of my 1968 Motobecane Mirage on Flickr.  The
first photo shows the entire bike after the WECO pedals and the
Motobecane-branded saddle were removed:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/15914299985/in/photostream/

     Here's the headbadge, saddle, and handlebar plugs:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/15727002810/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/15728278059/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/15294647523/in/photostream/

     I found this on Craigslist and had been following it for a couple of
months, hoping that the price would come down, which didn't happen.  The price
of $149 may seem a bit high to some, but to find a Motobecane of this age and
condition is a very rare opportunity.  The colour is best described as a
brilliant avocado green with gold lettering and trim.  Except for a few
scrathes here and there, you could consider this to be a cream puff.

     The seller was an interesting fellow.  He has a large collection of 1930s
to 1950 American bikes, such as Schwinn, Firestone, Goodrich, etc.  In his
driveway he has a very, very rare Edsel station wagon.

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac