[OM] OM A711

Subject: [OM] OM A711
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:13:37 -0500

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/5893009647/sony-announces-alpha-7-ii-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-with-5-axis-is

They kept that one pretty much under wraps. 5axis IBIS may be a big deal for Zuikos. It is the same sensor as the A7 and thus subject to the sensor flare. I did not thnk they would do the IBIS that with all the new OS lenses.

The A9 early next year is rumored not be be
a A7r replacment but a new "pro" line. I wonder if it will have the IBIS too? I tried the A7R again at the Hunt show and it seems Sony included a random number generator to determine the depth one must press release the shutter--at least a brief impression. The ergonomics/menus are lousy (IQ excellent) --perhaps improved on the A9--mebbe AG might not be able to resist. I would never have predicted a shutter would ever bother me that much--I think over the years AG has rubbed off and shaped my idiosyncrasies.

No---no pony tail, Mike