Re: [OM] Toilets

Subject: Re: [OM] Toilets
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:32:07 -0800
On 11/17/2014 10:14 PM, ChrisB wrote:
30 years, Bill!

Similar for me. I was very engaged in photography as a teen and in Uni. Marriage and joining the Coast Guard right out of Uni didn't stop me but did slow me down. Also, photography was a relatively expensive thing for me at the time. I really wanted to do interesting things with color, and that stepped the whole thing up a lot. What I was able to do disappointed me.

Gradually, work, children, life, death, and so on, ate away at the practice, if not the interest. Sure, I took quite a few pictures, of family and friends, mostly at birthdays and holiday gatherings, and snaps on holidays, where I sometimes tried to get serious. But I wouldn't have considered myself a photographer. OM-2n with T32 for OTF flash, was magic. :-)

Not long before I joined this list, I was getting back to photography for its own sake. My personal breakthrough was a limited edition of PS (3?, 4?) that came with my first scanner. I bought the scanner because I wasn't happy with the scans I was getting with developing.

Suddenly, my photographic world opened up! I could control my own scans. And, most amazing, I could start actually doing the things with color images that I'd dreamed of all those decades before!!

The methods were entirely different than I might have imagined back then, but I could do it - and, I didn't have to mess with icky chems in the darkroom.

I hadn’t realised, but now you’re making up for lost time :-)

I like to think I have been, too. Well, from my personal perspective, I have,
whatever anyone else may think.

P. Moose