[OM] Panny ZS40 [was After the Rain]

Subject: [OM] Panny ZS40 [was After the Rain]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 21:12:06 -0800
On 11/15/2014 7:45 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Very nice. The diagonal progression of drops is quite pleasing, and the capture
of drop detail is very good.

Thanks! I went to some little trouble to capture and enhance those very
qualities.

Remind me, what is the ZS40?

It's the latest in Panny's long running series of Travel Zooms, pocketable cameras with long zoom ranges - all you might need for your travel snaps. :-) Why they have changed from the TZ model designation to ZS in NA, I don't know.

I see I've only as yet posted two images from it, the water droplets and Golden Gate just after sunset. Here are some more. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14927>

A couple have both full frame and crops, to show how it holds up enlarged. The ones in the Academy of Sciences are mostly beyond it's remit. I had not been there since they leveled the old building and started over, and simple brought the wrong equipment. Still, it's a decent stress test. Next time there, probably Friday, full kit. :-)