Re: [OM] Sometimes you just can't go back

Subject: Re: [OM] Sometimes you just can't go back
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:23:09 -0600
> I know his actions have caused a lot of controversy in the past week, but I
> respect him for his decision. At this point in his career/life, he has
> nothing to prove. He obviously has enough money that it's not a concern.

It certainly proves that it's not about the money. Granted, that
contract was for the whole band, so his individual take, after all is
said and done really isn't that much. Still, it is significant.

> He's enjoying the music he's making right now, enjoying the band he's with
> right now. For him, it's new and fresh and keeps him interested. He must
> feel that for him, there's no point in trying to re-create something that's
> in his past, and he wouldn't be enjoying it.

Plant is one guy that continues to amaze me. Just listening to the "50
Great Voices" interview on NPR shows that his interests aren't in fame
and fortune, but learning something new and pushing himself into
directions that he's never gone before. While I wouldn't consider him
my favorite "performer/singer", I do have tremendous respect for just
how incredibly wide his vocal talents and styles are.

> So my personal opinion is "Good on ya, Robert!"

At least he is consistent. Several years ago, during an interview, he
addressed getting back together again for a reunion tour and he was
very clear in his decision to not do it.  To me, it would be like,
sure, take a year out, do this thing, and go back to life as usual. No
harm, no foul.

If anybody has missed it, I would recommend watching the Kennedy
Center Honors, where "Heart" did "Stairway to Heaven" in an absolutely
epic manner. I personally consider it the best performance of the
song, ever.

AG