Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/11/2014: art!

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/11/2014: art!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 16:11:50 -0500
Nice shot but I wouldn't have recognized Lars as "the victim".  :-)

Chuck Norcutt

On 11/8/2014 10:22 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Three good ones. Lars was a good subject in the second, and in the third, the
proper doting grandfather.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal

On Nov 8, 2014, at 9:19 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yesterday I was in Aarhus, visiting my friend Lars. We had a very nice, intense day.
First, a 105 km bike ride in nice, dry but also windy and cold weather—bracing!
Then home, shower and then on to the AROS Museum of Modern Art (http://en.aros.dk) to
see a magnificent exhibition of 200 paintings by Danish artist Michael Kvium. The
series is called Fools and depicts various surrealistic, sometimes deformed, always
somewhat grotesque faces. It is hard to describe but quite amazing: Here is an
example, which looks a bit like the Queen of Denmark:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3678601470&k=XwbfQG5&lb=1&s=O

All the paintings in the series are small, 30x30 cm.

At the end of the exhibit there are tables with props, and the visitor is
invited to recreate one of the paintings, or just create on, using those props.
So Lars and I had a go at choosing what the other should wear. This is my take
on him (his take on me is x-rated and not publishable according to my wife):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3678601935&k=xGCqbrt&lb=1&s=O

Then we went back to Lars’s apartment, where we celebrated our birthdays (Nov. 1 and
4, respectively) with a dinner for 10 people, including Lars’s 16-month old grandson
Lauge. Lars is enjoying his role as grandfather very much, and here he is with Lauge, looking
at a painting:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3678602472&k=nfJfDzF&lb=1&s=O

Afterwards, we ate and drank and enjoyed good conversation with Lars’s sister,
brother, his two daughters and their respective partners for many hours. It was a
great day.