Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:29:10 -0500
When I see these gray scale resolution charts and see Roger post resolution values at various apertures and sensors I wonder where light frequency fits into the picture. The effect of diffraction varies significantly by the color of the light. That doesn't seem to be recognized here... at least that I can see.

On a related note, I was wondering yesterday if differing resolution values by color can affect color accuracy as we diddle with the images in an editor.

This popped up when I was trying out the freebie HDR software from Photomatix. The photo was an architectural photo of a bathroom with dark green towels hanging on the towel racks. The result out of Photomatix was too dark but the towels would turn bluish when I tried to brighten the scene. It probably had nothing to do with color or resolution of same but the thought did cross my mind. I wasn't particularly happy with Photomatix but need to give it some more trials. What I gave it was a tough test case and something that I had originally done manually by blending several images.

Chuck Norcutt