Re: [OM] IMG: Eclipse, barely

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Eclipse, barely
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:30:35 -0400
Pretty cool! You also clearly captured the largest sunspot to appear in more than 20 years. <http://www.space.com/27540-huge-solar-flare-from-giant-sunspot.html>

Chuck Norcutt

On 10/24/2014 12:46 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
We were blessed with good weather here: clear, no haze, no wind. Was hoping
to silhouette a downtown Charleston church spire on the face of the setting
sun, but TPE was off by a bit. Next time I'll go by the day before to make
sure they line up. Used E-620 set on manual, attached to an Astrotech
refractor (about 480mm) and a Tokina RMC 2X magnifier. Filtered with
Thousand Oaks Solar film in a homemade holder:

Charlie