Re: [OM] IMGS: Boat and Dog and Sign

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Boat and Dog and Sign
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:29:24 -0400
I am going to respectfully disagree. I live in a fishing community, surrounded
by lobster fishermen of all sizes and stripes and successes. Not a single one I
know or know of hauls his own boat out of the water at the end of the season,
or hauls it to the boat launch at the beginning of the season. They _all_ use a
boat hauling service. (A few exceptions of younger fishermen just starting out
with small dories or such that are easy hauls for pickups. None owns a pickup
such as the one pictured.)

As for hauling traps to and from the water’s edge, it’s true a good fisherman
can stack a whole lot of traps in the bed of his truck, but he doesn’t need a
350 to haul them. They could make do with a nice Subaru and a flatbed trailer,
haul as many pots or more, and save a lot of money.

I fear I must submit that fishermen drive these trucks for the same reason I
ride a 96 cubic inch Harley-Davidson instead of a 650-cc Honda: Attitude. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal