Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 41: Alicante autumn, Toledo, odds and ends

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 41: Alicante autumn, Toledo, odds and ends
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 02:11:16 +1300
Thanks for another fine tour and sharing your family with
us.
 As I've noted before, it is a little over 50 years since I
visited Alicante, and the place is now relatively
gargantuan compared with how it was then.

Toledo looks amazing; never made it to there.

I look at all those great  buildings of stone and
(earthquakes aside) wonder where all the money came
from to build them.
And thanks for (previous post) the detail of the 1400's
royal edicts re Jews, and what was, and what was behind,
the Inquisition. I followed up with Wikipedia articles.
I ever did only one (regretted, wasted when I could have
done other things) year of history at school, so had no
background knowledge of these European traumas.

Brian

---
is active.