Re: [OM] IMG: Mending Nets

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mending Nets
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 20:39:52 -0700
On 9/26/2014 6:22 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
On my monitor the sharpness is ok (who don't with LCE) but details are poor.

On 9/27/2014 4:57 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Then we'll have to allow our eyes to agree to disagree. I do agree that the foreground is more out of focus but I still think the entire image is not as sharp as it should be.

First, classic subject and composition are great.

I agree, sorta with both dissents. It doesn't seem quite like simple missed focus. Perhaps there's some motion blur? Whatever the reason(s), it doesn't have the kind of clarity I expect of the lens and the film.

It also suffers from what my eyes find awful bokeh in the bottom part. It's like edgy lens bokeh has met with grain of just the right(wrong) size to create sandpaper for the eyes. This is eminently correctable in post.

Scoured Eyes Moose