Re: [OM] Typhoon

Subject: Re: [OM] Typhoon
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:39:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I reject that idea, purely on principle, Chris :-)
>
>The blimmin’ French were  in on the Eurofighter project from the beginning;
>they wanted a smaller
>aircraft and the Eurofighter’s design was adjusted accordingly.  Then the
>French pulled out!
>
>And started their own!
>
>Not that I bear a grudge or anything . . . :-)

     Of course not!

     The Rafael and the Isreali Kfir can turn inside an F-16.  Does the
Typhgoon have the same performance?  All of these have the flying winglets,
which improve the turn performance.

     The Rafael does not have the range and payload capability of the F-16, but
at the beginning of the Lybian conflict they were about all that was seen,
being launched from the Charles deGaulle.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson