Re: [OM] And for a change of pace - Spinning Girl

Subject: Re: [OM] And for a change of pace - Spinning Girl
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:03:11 -0700
On 9/25/2014 7:53 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Chuck wrote:
If there's posterization it's pretty minor.  If I load it into PS and view
the histogram (even by individual color channel) there's nothing that jumps
out at me.
And, by the way, Ken, I liked those severely punished pixels.

I know that the Moose doesn't care for the background set, but it is
what it is.

I have this troublesome affliction. When I see an image I really like, I tend to look for ways to make it even better. The bright molding and the texture of the carpet nag at my eyes, so I imagine it without them. :-)

To me, I think the interaction of the light and shadows is
what makes it work.

Absolutely! I would never lose the shadows.

'Twere mine, I'd try a version starting from scratch by extending the wall down over the molding and replacing the carpet with something with less or almost no texture. There are ways to retain the brightness variations of existing shadows on new backgrounds.

Anyway, I do certainly like it.

Perfectionist Moose