Re: [OM] IMG: Shostakovich E-minor trio

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shostakovich E-minor trio
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 00:40:01 +1200

Peter wrote

My friends in the "Europa" Trio asked me to photograph
them in concert
Sunday. Here they are playing Dmitri Shostakovich's
Trio in E
minor.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/15327067372/in/photostream/lightbox/
[1]>

Olympus E-M5 and 45/1.8.
Great shot Peter. PS - the
audio link didn't work (g)

As an aside, I do like oboe music. To the
extent that a month or so ago I bought a second-hand oboe. Well. I
should have done some homework. I'm glad I found an inexpensive one;
paid about $300 I (and it works well; ancient "Lark"brand) whereas the
more usual start price is $1,200 for a cheap and nasty plastic one from
mainland China, and very good ones cost up to around $14,000.
Amazingly
they have about 500 tiny parts.
They are considered third after Violin
and organ in playing difficulty; piano and guitar are at the easy end of
the 10-part scale.
The main problem, initially at least, is persuading
the double reed to actually even make a noise resembling a note !!!
And,
there are no oboe teachers within 200 miles of here!
Brian

Links:
------
[1]