[OM] Fujifilm camera

Subject: [OM] Fujifilm camera
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:48:36 +1200

2 - 3 days ago I had a visit from the son of an old (now-deceased)
workmate of mine from decades ago. He is a professional photographer of
some note; Tony Bridge. And I see that he has regular mention in the
online-only photography magazine f11 Magazine
(http://www.f11magazine.com/).

Fujifilm have loaned him for
test/reporting a Fujifilm Finepix X-T1.

I'm not sure which lens combo
he had attached to it; possibly either one of these two Fujifilm Finepix
X-T1+18-55mm or Fujifilm XF55-200mm f3.5-4.8R lens.

I had it in my
hands for no more than about 3 minutes and of course we were talking the
whole time so i didn't have too much time for reflection. However, my
first impressions were; large body. Body and lens were amazingly light.
The Electronic viewfinder was much too dim for my liking. Lens was trim
and slim and very smooth to use. EVF had a small live histogram running
the whole time, in the bottom RHS; not intrusive. He was coming back
from a 6am commercial assignment in the mountains, having stayed the
night with the photographer whose picture Maggie Bought (see
http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=12067 and the next to the
right).

He tells me that the commercial environment here for photo
sales has changed a lot even in the last year.

For example, he took a
set of prints to Bryce Gallery (http://www.brycegallery.co.nz)

http://www.3news.co.nz/entertainment/art-shows-christchurch-before-the-quakes-2012071912

in Riccarton Christchurch, which is run by the very astute owner who
told him that his photos were great, but she wouldn't display them. Why?
Because they wouldn't sell. Why? Because these days "everybody" has a
good digital camera which can take good photos and they think "I can
take a photo like that, so why should I buy one at that price?". Of
course they never will, but that's how the thought process goes.

As of
today I have 9 of my prints ( 3 different sizes/formats, 2 @A3, 3 @ A4,
and 4 small block-mounts 6 x 4 inches) in the front window of a local
bookshop in with his books, all in support of the local Alexandra Spring
flower festival. Will be there for about 2 weeks. This shot is one of
the A3 (12 x 18 inches) prints and will be hung by nylon from the
ceiling.

Cheers,
Brian