Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 35: back home

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 35: back home
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 12:03:15 +0200
Thanks Chris. The “pacto de olvido” (literally: the agreement to forget) is not
formal. But because the transition to democracy was not violent following
Franco’s death and because most of the power elite remained in power until they
too died off, there was never any purge, nor any truth and reconciliation
commission a la South Africa etc. It was one of the few good things done by the
otherwise incompetent Zapatero government (2004-2011) that they started
investigating things a bit, searching for mass graves from the Civil War and so
on. The current reactionary PP government has tried to put a lid on things
again.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman