Re: [OM] OT Film Format ID help

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Film Format ID help
From: Bill Barber via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:02:20 -0400 (EDT)
Dan, no idea about what film size you might have, however
http://betterscanning.com/ may have a  solution. I've used magic tape on the
edge of film to
tape it their ANR  glass.  Bill Barber

In a message dated 8/31/2014 3:41:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello  all,

So I am tackling a family film scanning project and have a pile of
negatives from the late 1940s to around maybe 1953, I think. On first look it
appeared to be 120 but its a bit wider at 68mm. The first couple were 6x9 and
thought it might be badly cut sheets from a mini speed graphic style
camera.  But the next group are 6x4.5 and definitely roll film not sheets.
Those
frame  sizes are approximate of course. Sadly the only people who would have
known  the cameras these came out of have passed. The film is proving to be
hard to  mount for my Epson V700 as they curl when placed directly on the
platen so I'm  going to have to investigate ANR glass to hold them down in
8x10 transparency  mode.

So my question is, any idea what format this 68mm wide roll film  is? And
any guesses on what cameras it might have been run  through?

Thanks, Dan