Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/8/2014: my private bike path

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 31/8/2014: my private bike path
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 22:17:13 +0200
Only in the evening, not during the ride ;-)
Hydration was not a problem, I had enough water with me and there were gas
stations etc. that sold Aquarius and bottled water. The problem was food, or in
particular bananas. Of course I could have bought Snickers bars and the like,
but I generally avoid junk food these days.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 31 Aug 2014, at 22:04, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can you use beer to keep you hydrated and carbohydrated?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 8/31/2014 3:17 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>> I went on a reasonably hard, 81 km ride with 1000 meters of climbing this
>> morning. Even though I left home at 8 a.m. to make sure that I was home
>> before the afternoon heat set in, my Garmin still recorded an average
>> temperature of 31C/88F and a maximum of 37C/99F during the ride. The maximum
>> was likely reached close to where I took these two pictures. And I had not
>> taken enough snacks, and this being Sunday, the shops where I would normally
>> buy a couple of bananas (the cyclist’s staple) in the mountain villages were
>> all closed, so I had to settle for a fruit bar I brought. But cycling
>> through landscapes like these makes it all worthwhile, besides the fitness
>> benefits.
>>
>> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3499944557&k=VNLH79s&lb=1&s=O
>>
>> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3499944834&k=kS5rPFq&lb=1&s=O
>>
>> Cheers,