Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Test results

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Test results
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:45:29 -0500
Just to be safe, I set max ISO at 6400, but it looks like it was running
around 800 most of the evening. I do agree that I would like to be able to
open up to 4 or even 3.5 at the long end to get a bit more fuzzification,
but the main problem last night was that it was an outdoor venue, in the
middle of a dining/entertainment complex, and there was no backdrop for the
stage so you can see the signage and stuff behind.

However, considering that this lens is under $200 and is something you can
actually use now, vs. the one that nobody knows the price and when/if it
will ever ship, I think perhaps I can learn some PS layers and
fuzzification that way. I'm also going to play with de-noising a bit when I
get time to actually go through all of them.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not shabby at all. Personally, I would prefer one-stop less ISO for
> noise control, and one-stop greater F-stop for softening the
> distractions of the background a bit.
>
> But, it's still not bad for a tosser lens.
>

> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.zone-10.com