Re: [OM] RIP, Grace the Yellow Lab

Subject: Re: [OM] RIP, Grace the Yellow Lab
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:59:25 -0400
On 8/28/2014 7:09 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Lost a family member last night. Grace, our yellow lab, was lying on the floor at our feet when she
suddenly started panting heavily. She rolled over and yelped a couple of times and died. Both cats
rushed to her and sat while Joan and I tried to figure out what was going on. She was 12, almost 13,
and had been declining for some time. Her death was not unexpected, but the manner of it was.
We’re glad she went quickly, and, selfishly, we’re glad we didn’t have to give
her that last ride to the vet.

O-M-G!

Just two mornings ago, we were saying goodbye to her - for what we thought
would be the last time - but, but so soon!

I didn't know her all that well, I'm not much of a 'dog person', and I can feel the emptiness where she so recently napped lying on my foot or came up to check out my hand for smells and the faint hope of food, and settled for pats and a scratch.

Nothing to the emptiness you and Joan must be feeling, as well as shock. I wish you both the best in finding your way through this loss.

So quick is good, but doesn't make the loss less.

Moose