Re: [OM] Automatic aberration correction on new lenses.

Subject: Re: [OM] Automatic aberration correction on new lenses.
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:40:53 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, Jpegs automagically corrected in JPEG for CA in EM-1and as of late last Fall (IIRC) by ACR with metadata for Raw files--no choice, just happens. Raw isn't raw anymore really, but at least half baked.

Panny has had this for most cams for ages with almost every Panny lens but not Oly lens on Panny body. No CA correction metadata read to my knowldege for E-M5, though DXO will do this using their own profiles for any supported lens/body combo--tunable as well. I rather prefer how ACR deals with lens aberrations for Canyon bodies than the take it like WE decide mode for MFT.

Keep RAW at  least medium rare, Mike

I didn't understand "No CA correction on Oly MFT until E-M1 unless use
DXO of course." Do you mean that the JPEGs are not corrected unless
produced by the E-M1? Surely you don't mean the raw files are
corrected?

Chuck Norcutt