Re: [OM] Grandma's phone

Subject: Re: [OM] Grandma's phone
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 08:30:50 -0700
from the late 1940's. Made of Bakelite
- would make a great decorative item and converstation piece...
I have never come across one like that Chris. Very unique. Nice!

As to Bakelite, we have a wall hung Kellogg Redbar in the dining room. It does get comments but also serves an important function. E.g., Some friends were over last week for a slideshow (Scotland) and the power went out! No problem as I was able to call in the outage on the only working phone in the house. We crowded around my wife's 17" laptop and later fired up the Coleman lantern. The crew was out most of the night crashing around in the bushes digging holes. Old sheathed cable with exposed ground doesn't like dry weather.

Mike