Re: [OM] IMG: From the Holocaust (with photo link)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Holocaust (with photo link)
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 23:25:26 -0700
Chuck, the photo of my great-grandparents was part of my mother's stash of family photos. It was probably taken in 1924, when my grandmother took my 3 year-old mother from New York to Paris. It was the only time my mother saw her grandparents. The photo may have come back with them at the end of that trip. Or "Uncle Charlie" (the younger man on the left) may have brought it back with him during his many back-and-forth trips between Paris and New York before the war. In any case, the photo was safely in America during the war/holocaust years, unlike my great-grandparents.

I have other photos of that time, including a few that are candid rather than stiffly posed. I know they are in one of the three big boxes of photos, and I can't wait to find them again and scan them.

--Peter