[OM] Paul's PAW - just a few, and goodbye to a friend

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - just a few, and goodbye to a friend
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:55:23 -0500
I uploaded a variety of photos trying to catch up, but I'm tired and drained and not really in a mood to caption them all. Our oldest cat, a Ragdoll named Chandy, crashed a little over a week ago with acute kidney failure and he wasn't responding to any treatment, and was fading fast. The emergency vet this evening also discovered that his one kidney felt cancerous. His body had gone so far, so fast, that we had to make the decision to say goodbye to our oldest "son". A week-and-a-half ago, he was his normal self. We had no time to prepare for the inevitable.

There are four new photos in the "Critters" gallery, but the one at the top was taken several years back. It shows Chandy and his stepbrother Mittens, doing what they loved to do best - cuddle up on the couch or bed or wherever was comfy.

We're sad, and we miss him terribly. He was definitely a character. Our average cat lives to 18 or 19. Chandy was only 11, which is another reason why this is so hard. But it was 11 years filled with love, fun, and playfulness, so we'll have to focus on that. Without human children, the cats are our family.

I promise to get the other photos captioned and posted tomorrow. Thanks.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach