Re: [OM] E-Mail Woes

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Mail Woes
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 14:02:03 +0100
Tina, what Jez says will work for you too. Instead of having Comporium
forward email to your Gmail address (which is what they now refuse to do)
you can achieve the same result from the opposite direction - you have Gmail
collect your email _from_ Comporium.

http://www.comporium.com/29745/residential-internet-email-setup/ seems to
give the relevant information (you know your login ID and password, I
assume!) and the attached screen dump  shows (big red asterisk!) where on
the Gmail settimgs screen you can add the Comporium POP details. The small
pop-up window shows what happens when you do that  - I input only your
Comporium address, Gmail "knows" the server name and port number, so it
looks like it be a no-brainer.

And if you do not want to use the Gmail website to collect your mail, there
are instructions for setting up Outlook and other applications to do it all
for you. That works (it's what I use all the time, except when travelling).

Good luck - and unlike the Imacon, this problem is an easy one to fix.

Piers