Re: [OM] IMG: Old radios (especially for Paul Braun)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Old radios (especially for Paul Braun)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:17:17 -0400
My grandfather had a surplus Hallicrafters short wave receiver at his house in
Maine. I used to spend hours tucked in the corner with that thing. (Surplus
headphones as well.) The Boston Marine Operator was particularly interesting.
She/they were unflappable. Always a treat to get something neat on a skip, such
as something out of Australia.

Listened to a lot of dits and dahs, comfortable in the absence of knowledge
that within a few years I would be intimate with such communications
methodologies, and able to undertake copying them while being shot at. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal