Re: [OM] You Can Get DXO FilmPack 3 Photo Editing Software Free Until Au

Subject: Re: [OM] You Can Get DXO FilmPack 3 Photo Editing Software Free Until August 15th It's not the newest version, but you can get DXO's film emulation software for free right now
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 11:49:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> You Can Get DXO FilmPack 3 Photo Editing Software Free Until August 15th
>> It's not the newest version,
>> but you can get DXO's film emulation software for free right now
>>
>>https://www.dxo.com/intl/sony
>>

>     Cool.  Free is good.  I'm downloading it now.

     Just finished installing this and taking it out for a test drive.  This is
wonderful!  Three choices for IR filmstock Kodak and Rollei), and about as many
choices for B&W filmstock as with Exp6.

     I like the rendition of blue sky with the two Agfa colour negative
filmstocks (Ultra Color 100 and Vista 200), but Kodak Kodachrome 64 still looks
best for natural colour.

     And you can preview all of them with the generous thumbnails at the bottom
with a slider before making a selection, which is easier than when using the
much smaller icons in Exp6.

     Thank you for making this known.  Now I don't have to agonize over finding
B&W conversion software to my liking and price range.

Chris the Phrugal Photographer