Re: [OM] "Fourth" of July b'fly count

Subject: Re: [OM] "Fourth" of July b'fly count
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:42:07 -0500
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In case you didn't have your fill  of the winged critters with last post,
> here are a few images from another outing-- the count was actually quite
> close  to the 4th this year as it was on the 5th.
> We saw one Bronze Copper but he skipped town as I was optimizing the
>  composition for a possible nice shot. Only a couple Monarchs were spotted.
> Thanks to Dean for confirming the ID on the final hairstreak.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/kdh66sg
>
> Still chasing 'em, Mike

Nice!  We've been hoping that our landscaping and plants would attract
butterflies this year, particularly Monarchs.  We have seen more of the
little white ones, and I've actually seen 4 caterpillars this week.
However, despite letting the milkweed grow, still no Monarchs.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie