Re: [OM] (OM) Divertimento

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Divertimento
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 01:08:27 +1200

Chuck wrote

Very nicely composed but at least one stop
overexposed. If you shot this in raw you can probably recover much of
it.

Chuck Norcutt

 /////////////////////

Well typically, I didn't.
Did not see any need for it. As it was, i was taking a group of tired
people home from Queenstown airport an hour from home, in cold
conditions ( not long before I had stopped the car to take photos of
snow), I saw this view looking more photo-worthy than I had seen it for
quite a while. Previous efforts have been disappointing.

So here are
some comparison shots ( I have re-arranged the order of the images in
the gallery so the old URL probably will not work).

Sharpened,
contrast increased ( as I remember) and the red punched up a little to
emphasise the presence of the wild roses and their red hips ( fruit) in
this hostile landscape. This is the modification published on fuzzbook.
It got great comments, perhaps also because I entitled it "Red on Grey".
In my opinion it is more print-worthy than any other mod I have
done.

A version of
the photo I put on fuzzbook,
unmodified

An
ummodified exposure taken at the same general time. Who would want to
look at this dull
thing?

I'd be
interested to see what Chuck would prefer it looked like, so that I can
get on the same page as he is.

Brian