Re: [OM] IMG: My "New" Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My "New" Scanner
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:05:38 -0400
Ah, that's better but the veggies look nicer.  :-)

In case you don't know, SCSI connectors came in many different pin configurations. Your USB converter supports a 50 pin version (as the main connection) and a 25 pin version which is achieved with a 50 to 25 pin converter. Use the appropriate connector for the scanner. Pay attention in the converter documentation to any mention of "termination" or "power source". Depending on the scanner there may or may not be enough power to operate the adapter from the USB port alone.

Chuck Norcutt