[OM] IMG: Alpaca Farmers

Subject: [OM] IMG: Alpaca Farmers
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:43:53 -0400
PESO:

I'm scanning slides of Bolivia.  In 1993, I went with Heifer Project
International to the Altiplano region high in the Andes of Bolivia.  The
farmers there spend the summer above the tree line with their alpacas,
provided by HPI.  They all play instruments to keep themselves occupied as
they watch the alpaca:

http://www.pbase.com/image/156644836

For some reason, I carried Fuji Velvia film for the whole trip.  The
atmosphere above 15,000 feet and the high contrast of the Velvia film have
resulted in my ignoring these photos for over 20 years.  Any suggestions on
how to tame the contrast without washing out the shadows would be greatly
appreciated.

Tina

--
Tina Manley