[OM] Paul's PAW - two new images!

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - two new images!
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:56:26 -0500
The soil displaced by the hole I dug for the pond had to go somewhere - I
couldn't just wheel it into the street and let it run down the gutters...

However, since we live in what was once the shoreline of glacial Lake
Michigan, our soil is extremely sandy.  Sheri did some research, and
decided that Arizona Blanket Flower was a good choice since it loves sandy
soil and had beautiful flowers.  So we bought two huge plastic planters,
filled 'em up with the excess soil, and planted a couple of new plants.
One rewarded us with a flower within a week - the second one took a little
longer, but put the bloom up where it was easy to photograph.  There are a
lot of buds, so we should have a nice pile of flowers shortly.  And the
plants will keep spreading, so we're hoping that next year they will have
filled up the planters. And it gave me a chance to try the macro setting on
the 12-50 (although it was handheld.)

This past Sunday I was at a festival listening to some friends perform, and
saw this one guy standing off to the side.  I'm guessing late 60's, and
he's obviously one of those guys who spends the majority of his time in a
gym or a tanning salon.  He was standing in a very meditative pose (odd,
considering the rock concert going on 20 feet away), so I grabbed a quick
shot.

Enjoy.  C&C encouraged.

--

Paul Braun