Re: [OM] QR codes

Subject: Re: [OM] QR codes
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 22:32:29 -0700
You might also try posting NFC tags at the trailhead, Mike. They can't be
used with iThings (no NFC capability in iThings) but on an increasing
number of Android devices, they could be used effectively, and can even be
ordered with logos preprinted, I believe, making them far more attractive
than QR codes. (Think "Touch Smokey Bear with Your Android Phone  for Trail
Map and Automatic Phone Settings!"). Not as inexpensive as QR codes, and
still require an app download, but they're a hell of a lot simpler to use,
and can trigger lots of other functions, also. In practice, probably about
a buck or so per tag to purchase, depending on the quantity, and can be
ordered pre-programmed (and locked so they can't be re-programmed), but
should last outdoors where installed until stolen or vandalized.

I've just ordered some myself this past weekend. Here's a link to what I
ordered, which are to use just to experiment:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0NRESE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i06?ie=UTF8&psc=1