[OM] IMGS: Honduras, 2014

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Honduras, 2014
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:23:24 -0400
PESO:

Here are some of the photos from the trip a couple of weeks ago to
investigate the possibility of building a clinic to do cataract surgery in
Trinidad de Copan, Honduras. We joined a medical brigade from Virginia and
held clinics in Trinidad and three neighboring villages.  We examined 311
people, gave out 175 pairs of glasses, and identified 79 people who need
surgery for cataracts or pterygiums.  We hope to start doing cataract
surgeries in March, 2015.

You can view these as thumbnails, one-by-one, or as a slideshow:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/honduras_2014&page=all

Since I was also examining all of those people with the auto-refractor, I
didn't have as much time as usual to take photos, plus the fact that there
were 21 other photographers on the trips with me!!  I retired at the right
time.

Any comments and/or criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Tina

Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/