[OM] DxO sale

Subject: [OM] DxO sale
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:00:23 -0700
Mike goes on about DxO. When I last looked at it some time ago, at least one of my cameras required the Elite Edition, for $300.

Now, my lowly µ4/3 gear only requires the Standard Edition, and it's on sale
through the 15th. for $99.

Looking at my comparison of Oly Viewer 2, and ACR/LR, my briefer comparison of SilkyPix and at dpreview's 'shootout' last year, it's obvious that there's no one best Raw converter. If this one appeals, this is a good time to try/buy.

In my long ago test, DxO's deconvolution specifically developed for each lens couldn't beat FocusMagic on the lens I tried, and a couple of my most used lenses didn't have DxO profiles.

Now, at the lower price, and with profiles for all my camera/lens combos, may be the time to try again. The sharpness comparisons on DPR are pretty compelling to the Eagle eye.

I can just see me now, one image, three versions to merge, Viewer for color noise, ACR for highlights and DxO for fine detail, esp. away from center, mask city. Yikes!

As we are leaving for a Turtle Adventure Mon or Tues, I may have to buy with
very little testing - or not.

Fence Straddler Moose