[OM] Canon 540EZ flash

Subject: [OM] Canon 540EZ flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 08:30:02 -0400
The Canon 540EZ flash was mentioned here yesterday as a good manually controlled flash for use with digital cameras. It's also available at low cost if you don't get hung up in a bidding war with a newbie Canon DSLR owner. They don't realize this is a film era ETTL flash unit that will not do ETTL on a digital camera. Sort of like expecting a T-32 to do TTL on an E-thingy. Too bad since T-32s would be worth a long more than $20-30 if they could.

Anyhow, if you buy a 540EZ you may find it difficult to find a PDF of the original owner's manual. I spent a lot of time searching several years ago and finally found one. Let me know if you need a copy.

Dr. Flash