Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - catching up

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - catching up
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 14:50:28 -0500
On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Each photo works well, Paul.  I like the frog (does it make much noise at
> night?), and the foreman gives the structure scale.  I would have had him
> off to one side of the shot, but no matter.
>
> Is it only in the USA that people move buildings like this?  I cycled to
> work in Tampa (as I related some years ago) and was very surprised to see
> the road (Bayshore Boulevard) blocked by a house being moved.  In the
> morning twilight it was a surreal sight.
>
> Presumably in the USA the streets are generally wide enough to allow such
> operations.

Seems like the frog only sings when the conditions are right.  Thankfully,
that hasn't been every night.

The photo in my head for the foreman just popped up when I saw him there -
I'm not experienced enough to process all of the photo math involved to get
that exact image on such short notice.  I'll live with what I got.

They moved in to the other end of the block last week, and then across the
tracks this morning (I had to go to work, so I didn't get to see it move).
NIPSCO temporarily took down some power lines, and the Canadian National
removed the crossing signals to make room for it.  They also suspended all
rail traffic through Valpo today until it was safely across the tracks and
onto school property.
--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie