[OM] Moose is off

Subject: [OM] Moose is off
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:19:20 -0400 (EDT)
Barrel Moose writes:

And various focal distances. The 12-32 at 12 mm and close focus has
more barrel distortion than the built-in data >>corrects, at least in ACR.

Good point. That is what bugs me in part about the arbitrary choices with the metadata corrections vs the way Canyon files are handled with the lens profiles. Not to say I disagreed severely with the choices in the few files from the GM-1 I have had a chance to process.

PT lens is largely for images taken beyond a certain distance as well-- and my not be an optimal solution. PT lens is still a bit better than the ACR lens profiles for the complex distortion in the 24-105/4---the profiles are better than a couple years ago so the margin is very slim. DXO allows one to correct or not as the case may be and works at MFD--100% is the default but at the expense of FOV and pixel torture. I have no clue what Silky Pix does.

Still exploring work flow options here--distracted by fluttering critter outing last weekend.
Level Mike