Re: [OM] flickr: non-members can't see photos?

Subject: Re: [OM] flickr: non-members can't see photos?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 16:10:04 -0700
On 6/28/2014 3:27 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
Recently several people have told me that they can't view my photos on flickr,
and instead get a sign-on page.

Does anyone know why? Is flickr now restricting the viewing of direct photo links to members only? Or is it the way I'm posting the links? Or...?

I've never had a problem viewing your Flickr, but I'm always signed on to Yahoo
mail, which may also work for Flickr.

One of the reasons I put my photos on flickr (and on Facebook) is that I get a wider audience than just the members of one particular photo list. I have this delusion that maybe someone will think highly of something I post and maybe it could lead to something.

Perfectly good reasons. I have to admit, though, that I tend to think of images on Flickr, Facebook, etc. as somehow less 'serious' or worthy of all that much attention. You've proven that not to be so true your of your work, and I don't know if I am alone in that, but there it is.

Also, the user interfaces are well known and don't require explaining, as the
LUG and Zone-10's sometimes does.

I don't much like or trust the Flickr and social media image displays. I'm often not sure when I am looking at an image as the photographer intended and when is has been sloppily up or downsized. Then, just when I think I've got it down, the interface changes.

I just don't feel comfortable, in control, sure of that I'm seeing and what will happen if I do something. Purely personal, possibly not relevant, but that's me.

Not My Friend Flickr ;-)

Irrefilent Moose