Re: [OM] IMGS: Moving Dirt

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Moving Dirt
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 00:58:39 +1000
For future reference. There are two kinds of 'water buffalo' - Asian and
African. The African is big with a hide so thick and tough that hunters have
been killed by them when the bullets bounced off a charging buffalo. (It may be
apocryphal but I like the idea). The Asian type is much smaller, popular as a
domestic animal for tasks like ploughing rice paddi's, rather tasty (like dark
and gamey beef) and feral buffalo used to infest the remote waterways of
Northern Australia. Up there theyhave been virtually eradicated as they did a
lot of physical damage to the environment. They are very different in
appearance to cattle/oxen as they have the squat build, the flattened horns
which cover the skull and only come in black. Delicious.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Author/Publisher:
The SLR Compendium,The TLR Compendium