[OM] Nathan's PAD 9/6/2014: Roman gay porn

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 9/6/2014: Roman gay porn
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 06:57:07 +0100
You want porn, I give you porn, from about 2000 years ago:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3306024474&k=zLMbgx7&lb=1&s=O
(to learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Cup; we had purposely
sought out this cup because it had been part of the BBC's brilliant series "A
History of the World in 100 Objects" a few years ago)

And another scene from the British Museum. When I was in Athens in April, the
guide at the Acropolis Museum complained bitterly and repetitively, to the
point of being extremely tiresome, of the perfidious Lord Eglin who had stolen
the Parthenon marbles in the early 19th century. So I made a point of visiting
room 18 at the British Museum, where the Elgin Marbles are kept. While there, I
was amused by the juxtaposition of the subject matter and this visitor:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3306024685&k=FZPtFGs&lb=1&s=O

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman