Re: [OM] about a test done by C.H.Ling some time ago but I can't find it

Subject: Re: [OM] about a test done by C.H.Ling some time ago but I can't find its link.
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:18:35 +0800
Ok, I'm here, although not frequently post but still following the
discussions here.

5DII slide copy and Velvia adjustment are two different things. If you are
interested in Velvia adjustment for 5DII here it is:

======================================
This is what the JPEG look in Canyon "Standard" color mode:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Clipboard01.jpg

Here is the setting for Velvia look:

Picture style "Faithful", color temp reduced to 4900K (depends on the image
varies from 4600 and up), adjust the exposure according to taste.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Clipboard02.jpg

An S-curve to increase the contrast (varies depends on the image)

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Clipboard03.jpg

I used a rather strong setting to begin with, this setting was got
from an image I adjusted according to a Velvia 50 film shot I made at
the same time of the digital shot.

5D II JPEG mode:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Clipboard04.jpg

Velvia mode:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Clipboard05.jpg
http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Clipboard06.jpg

================================

Besides the above, I have also made a fine tuning on the white balance with
DPP "Tune"

Here is the DPP setting if you are interested:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Velvia.vrd

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fernando Gonzalez Gentile" <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi List,

C.H. once used his 5D MkII (IIRC) mounted on an Olympus OM bellows and an
80mm F4 Macro, to make digital copies of slides.

I remember he experimented different software settings in order to get a
Velvia look to the files.
The thread was widely discussed, but I did not bookmark his links, and I
cannot Search the thread in my gmail.com Inbox.
There were some nice images of the neat setting the 5D and OM bellows, and
several screenshots of the settings being discussed.
It was so dense in information that I couldn't completely follow the
discussion, but I tried.

Does someone remember what I'm talking about, and maybe post the link to
my missing thread, or re-post or forward that long thread to me?

TIA,

Fernando.
(I prefer not to email C.H. privately because I don't want to bother him,
and I noticed it's been a long while since he last posted).